When one of the boys was born (I can't remember which) my auny Candy knitted beautiful teal blanket and sent it to us. Jacob has latched onto that blanket and refused to let go. The blanket was very soft, very stretchy and large enough to cover him completely while he slept. You can imagine how gross the blanket became when he was dragging it along the floors of our apartment in Texas and letting it drop anywhere and everywhere. One trip to Reynolds I decided to cut the blanket in half to make for easier handling and a more sanitary source of comfort for Jake. When the blanket continued to unravel I finally decided to take the whole thing apart (it was more than a little heart breaking!) and re-crochet it into a smaller version. I brought it down to the size of a small scarf once we moved to Las Vegas. Well, this weekend I noticed Jake had pulled loose another spot and it was starting to unravel again. So, time to shrink the blanket again! I used the pattern for a baby blanket I am making for my friend and crocheted a potholder-sized blanket square for Jacob.
I'm not going to lie. Jake was not too thrilled at first and kept giving it back, asking for his blanket, but now he is a little more used to it and scrunches the whole thing into his fist. I am hoping this means the blanket will be completely gone soon and the thumb sucking with it. Candy, I am so sorry to have had to take apart the original blanket. He loved it so much and it was so beautiful!! He definitely made it go the distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment