Monday, June 20, 2011

Takin' on the Jellies

Ok, so it was really jam:-)  Rhubarb was on sale at the store and that is one thing I have NOT been able to find since being in Vegas.  I miss Rhubarb so much.  Plus strawberries were on sale.  So, after reserving enough of both to make a pie and a coffee cake, I invited some gal pals over and we had a Jam session.
I have canned before but never made jam, so this was a new experience for everyone:-)

Nancy stirring the strawberry rhubarb jam

Camrin handling the jars

Giving directions

Chelsi wondering what rhubarb is, exactly...

Apricots, peeled and pitted

Almost there!

Taking off the foam before canning

We did a quadruple batch...some was bound to overflow

Jarring

Mr. Mace enjoying the view

Shelby, Ryan and Sierra having lunch and avoiding the heat of the kitchen

Canning continues

We only made 24 jars

Milla and Frankie staying cool

All done!!

The apricot too!

After cleaning up, sisters and brothers hanging out

No comments:

Post a Comment